The Misfits

This is about our family's journey to a new norm after our son Chris was seriously injured in an IED explosion while deployed to Afghanistan. I chose the title "A Misfit's Mother's Journey" to honor some small way all the amazing young men in his squad, "Martin's Misfits". I owe a debt to these amazing men who worked together to save my son's and his buddy's lives and to the young man who sadly lost his life. This is a debt I can never repay. I hope you will find inspiration in our story and admiration of the young men who understand the consequences and are still willing to risk life and limb in the hope of protecting others.

Monday, September 24, 2012

20 June Facebook Post

Yesterday while Chris was in surgery for the first time this all happened. It felt good and very theraputic. There is a beautiful dirt path right across from the base, which is also hilly so I have a challange to beat by the time I leave! In roughly 12 hrs I am proud to say I turn 45 and the great thing about tomorrow I will be spending it with my handsome son. I ask in honor of my birthday, my son, his friends and those that are not with us anymore, hug, kiss (or call if they aren't close by) and tell everyone you love that you love them and are so glad they are in your life. Start a tradition where no one 
leaves the house without hugging those there and telling them that you love them. Life has a way of changing your life in a blink of an eye and you should never have any regrets. 
I truly love each and every single one of you and know that you all have brought such blessings into mine and my families lives!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment